We Choose the Chance Helical Pile Foundation System
The industry leader in foundation underpinning solutions
What are Helical Piles? Helical piles or helical piers have one to four helix plates; which resemble one pitch of a screw thread that act like an auger, driving or boring the pile into the ground. These helix plates are welded onto a shaft, both of which have a range of sizes to accommodate different applications and load conditions. To increase product life in aggressive soils each steel pile is hot-dip galvanized. The first section that is drilled in is called the lead section. This typically can go to depths of 5-10 feet. If required to go deeper, additional helices can be added with the use of helical extensions. Applied in a wide variety of projects, the reliability of Chance Helical Piles has been thoroughly proven over decades in all types of soil conditions such as expansive soils, high water tables, fill areas and other areas where unstable soils require loads to be transferred to a stable bearing soil layer.
Benefits of Chance Helical Piers and Anchors
• No vibration during installation
• Achieve design loads in given soils
• No excavation spoils to remove
• Low mobilization costs
• Installs in any weather
• Installs in limited access situation – hand installed in some cases
• Ability to be installed in close proximity to underground services
• Capacity of each pile is accurately measured using installation torque
• Can be used for support in a temporary situation – pre-construction
Browse through our brochures to learn more about how our products can service your needs
If you would like to know more about our products, please use our form to contact one of our helical pier installation specialists.